6 Resolutions for Your Brand’s Social Media in 2018
2017 was a big year for social media. In fact, Instagram released 45 app updates and Snapchat pushed 51, proving that not only is social media ever-evolving, but it’s important now more than ever to keep up-to-date with the latest features and updates in order to ensure you’re using each social platform to its advantage.
If you haven’t already, make 2018 the time to…
- Consider a social media audit. The beginning of the year is a great time to invest in a social media audit to make sure you’re in the right social spaces to meet your key audiences. This will provide you with a clear social media strategy to help you implement the most important tactics and content for the remainder of the year.
- Optimize your YouTube channel. One thing that’s remained the same this the past year is YouTube’s prominence as the second largest search engine in the world. Take advantage of this by organizing your video content into easily recognizable playlists on YouTube for a better user experience. Implement titles, tags, and descriptions with keywords for each video to increase your search value.
- Experiment with Instagram albums and Instagram stories. The influence of Instagram in today’s social media landscape is undeniable. In fact, Instagram reported major growth in 2017, with more than 800 million people using the app each month. If you haven’t already, experiment with the latest updates including albums and stories to ensure you’re using it to its utmost advantage for your business.
- Utilize the latest Linkedin updates. LinkedIn is constantly making updates to help marketers further their businesses. More recent updates, including native video and active status messaging, present opportunities for stepping up your brand’s presence and recruiting initiatives.
- Invest in social listening. Social media today is all about conversation. And for businesses, your presence on social media can be further supported by the conversations you have with your customers on your prospective platforms. Consider investing in a social listening tool this year to improve your customer service and manage your reputation. Paid tools such as Synthesio and Simply Measured track your brand mentions at a given time period in order to give you an accurate look at the conversation around your brand. Social listening is a great way to ensure you’re staying engaged and relevant with your various audiences throughout your social platforms.
- Implement Pinterest hashtags. Announced at the end of 2017, Pinterest hashtags are a new feature this platform allows to take advantage of the 2 billion searches that happen on Pinterest every month. To implement, include a few branded and general hashtags in the descriptions of each uploaded pin to increase your brand visibility and site traffic. For more detail on how to execute this, see our earlier blog post.
Executing any of the above resolutions will help drive your business forward when it comes to your presence on social media. Cheers to another year of social success!